More Saudi Arabia News
June 23, 2006
- Saudi cap centurion pair hang up boots
- Saudi Arabia goalkeeper Mohamed Al Deayea and striker Sami Al Jaber both retired from international football on Friday after the 1-0 defeat by Spain ended their World Cup hopes.
- Fringe players benefited, says Spain's Juanito
- Spain goalscorer Juanito said the 1-0 World Cup win over Saudi Arabia on Friday proved valuable experience for the fringe players in the squad.
- Aragones has faith in Spainish reserves
- Spain coach Luis Aragones is confident his reserve team will not let him down when they take on Saudi Arabia in Friday's last Group H clash.
June 19, 2006
- Saudi Arabia collect win bonus - for drawing
- Delighted Saudi Arabian soccer officials have awarded each player 100,000 riyals ($26,670) after the team's 2-2 draw against Tunisia at the World Cup - a prize they had initially promised only for a victory.
- Blokhin sees his 'Cinderellas' arrive at the ball
- Ukraine coach Oleg Blokhin waxed lyrical after his side thumped Saudi Arabia 4-0 in World Cup Group H on Monday.
- Blokhin confident Ukraine will get off mark
- Ukraine manager Oleg Blokhin is confident his World Cup debutants are quick learners, and will prove so against Saudi Arabia.
- Saudi Paqueta coach blames rain for rout
- Saudi Arabia coach Marcos Paqueta said steady rain and a slippery pitch hurt his team the same way stifling heat had troubled Ukraine against Spain last week.