More Australia News
June 30, 2006
- Neill backed to be next Australia captain
- Lucas Neill would be an ideal candidate to captain Australia if current skipper Mark Viduka calls time on his international career, according to assistant Socceroos coach Graham Arnold.
June 28, 2006
- Wilson: Sympathetic for Australia - just this once
- Steve Wilson admits to a temporary change of heart after Australia's unlucky exit.
- Socceroos want Euro Hiddink replacement
- Australia's crestfallen soccer players believe another big name European coach should continue the good work started by Guus Hiddink at the World Cup finals.
- Viduka considers international retirement
- Mark Viduka is contemplating retiring from international football - for the sake of his children.
June 27, 2006
- Australia united in anger over Italy penalty
- Australia was in a state of disbelief on Tuesday after the Socceroos' incredible World Cup journey ended in heartbreak.
- Cannavaro dismisses talk Italy were lucky
- Italy captain Fabio Cannavaro said he was 'annoyed' by suggestions that his team had been lucky to beat Australia in Monday's World Cup second round match and said their opponents had been the fortunate ones.
June 26, 2006
- Cahill warns Italy not to underestimate Australia
- Tim Cahill has warned Italy to underestimate Australia at their peril in Kaiserslautern today.
- Kewell was sidelined by gout for Italy match
- Harry Kewell's surprise absence from Australia's World Cup defeat by Italy on Monday was the result of gout, his team mates told reporters.
- Hiddink upset at nature of Socceroos exit
- Australia coach Guus Hiddink has launched a bitter attack on Italy after seeing his dreams of leading the Socceroos into the last eight of the World Cup killed off by Francesco Totti's penalty in the last minute of injury time.