More Portugal News
July 16, 2006
- Stamp on Carvalho was not deliberate, insists Rooney
- England striker Wayne Rooney insists his stamp on Ricardo Carvalho during the World Cup quarter-final defeat to Portugal was not deliberate.
July 9, 2006
- Scolari wants to stay with 'marvelous squad'
- Portugal's Brazilian-born coach Luiz Felipe Scolari said on Sunday he wanted to stay in the job, Portuguese news agency Lusa reported.
- Portugal wait on Scolari's decision
- Portugal flew home on Sunday after the second-best World Cup in their history still waiting to discover if coach Luiz Felipe Scolari, who has given them a new cutting edge in the last 3-1/2 years, will carry on.
- Figo and Pauleta bow out of internationals
- Portugal captain Luis Figo quit international football following his team's 3-1 defeat to Germany in Saturday's third-place play-off.
July 8, 2006
- Scolari in no rush to agree new deal
- Luiz Felipe Scolari will be putting his 'personal satisfaction' over his wallet when negotiating a new contract with the Portuguese FA (FPF) after the World Cup tournament.
July 7, 2006
- Scolari angry at treatment of Ronaldo
- Luiz Felipe Scolari has defended Cristiano Ronaldo over Wayne Rooney4s sending off and the never-ending diving claims.
- Scolari still in talks over Portugal future
- Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari denied reports that he would quit after the World Cup, saying he was still discussing continuing.
July 6, 2006
- Bitter Ronaldo slams referee's performance
- A heartbroken Cristiano Ronaldo launched a stinging attack on referee Jorge Larrionda after Portugal crashed out of the World Cup semi-finals courtesy of a 1-0 defeat by France.