More Iran News
June 22, 2006
- Iran seek new direction after coach departs
- Iran were left to find new leadership on Thursday, a day after their hopes for at least one victory at the World Cup were shattered by finishing bottom of their group with one point.
June 21, 2006
- Coach proud of his Black Antelopes
- Angola coach Luis Oliveira Goncalves said he was proud of his players after the African debutants scored their first goal at the World Cup on Wednesday.
June 20, 2006
- Karimi faces Iran axe in disciplinary measure
- Iran playmaker Ali Karimi may be dropped for their final World Cup group game with Angola for disciplinary reasons, coach Branko Ivankovic said on Tuesday.
June 19, 2006
- Golmohammadi injury blow for Iran
- Iran defender Yahya Golmohammadi will miss his team's last World Cup match against Angola and will be out for the next three to four weeks, the side's team doctor Sasa Jankovic said on Monday.
June 17, 2006
- Ivankovic laments inexperience as Iran crash
- Coach Branko Ivankovic blamed Iran's World Cup elimination on inexperience and injuries after their 2-0 defeat by Portugal on Saturday.
June 12, 2006
- Iran talisman Daei a doubt
- Iran striker Ali Daei could miss his team's next match against Portugal on Saturday due to a back injury, his coach Branko Ivankovic said on Monday.
- Ivankovic laments gift of a goal
- Iran keeper Ebrahim Mirzapour gifted Mexico a goal when he failed to clear in Sunday's Group D match but their coach insists there will be no more presents.