More Czech Republic News
July 11, 2006
- Poborsky announces international retirement
- Czech midfielder Karel Poborsky announced his international retirement on Tuesday but said he would play one more year with first division team Ceske Budejovice, the club he co-owns.
June 27, 2006
- Cech has post-World Cup shoulder surgery
- Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech has undergone shoulder surgery following the Czech Republic's World Cup exit.
June 23, 2006
- Czechs in shock after World Cup exit
- Football-mad Czech Republic was in shock on Friday after the national team were unceremoniously dumped out of the World Cup finals after the group stage of the tournament.
June 22, 2006
- Lippi lauds Italy's 'terrific' team spirit
- Coach Marcello Lippi was fulsome in his praise of Italy's unity after they beat 10-man Czech Republic 2-0 on Wednesday to finish top of World Cup Group E.
- Czechs gamble on Baros in Group E D-Day
- The Czech Republic have gambled on the returning Milan Baros in attack against Italy.
June 21, 2006
- Perrotta fit to face the Czechs
- Italy midfielder Simone Perrotta, who had been doubtful with a leg injury, said he would be fit to face Czech Republic in Thursday's World Cup Group E match.
- Bruckner will wait for Baros fitness test
- The Czech Republic plan to wait before deciding whether striker Milan Baros will be fit enough to start against Italy in Thursday's Group E match, coach Karel Brueckner said on Wednesday.
- Cannavaro fears Nedved
- Italy captain Fabio Cannavaro has identified playmaker Pavel Nedved as the biggest threat in their World Cup clash against the Czech Republic on Thursday.