More Netherlands News
June 27, 2006
- Van Der Sar undecided over Holland future
- Goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar will take his time before deciding whether to retire from international football following Holland's exit from the World Cup.
- Russian ref defends himself after 20-card game
- Russian referee Valentin Ivanov said the stormy World Cup match between Portugal and Netherlands was the most difficult of his professional career.
June 26, 2006
- Bouwes: Bright side of the road to nowhere for Holland
- Ernst Bouwes was embarassed by Holland's exit but looks for positives.
- 'Boulahrouz deliberately injured me' - Ronaldo
- Cristiano Ronaldo believes Holland defender Khalid Boulahrouz deliberately injured him during Portugal's ill-tempered second round victory in Nuremberg.
June 25, 2006
- Maniche hails Portugal's 'tasty win'
- Portugal match-winner Maniche said his team's superior spirit had finally proved the difference in their 1-0 World Cup second-round win over the Netherlands which finished nine-a-side.
- Russian ref may be blackballed by Blatter
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter said the referee could have been yellow-carded himself after sending off four players and handing out bookings to eight others in Portugal's World Cup 1-0 win over the Netherlands.
June 24, 2006
- Van Basten regrets publicly criticising Ruud
- Netherlands coach Marco van Basten said on Saturday that he regretted publicly criticising Ruud van Nistelrooy saying he should have spoken to him first.