More Togo News
June 23, 2006
- Disciplinary body to open Togo case after finals
- FIFA's Disciplinary Committee will examine how the Togolese FA conducted itself at the World Cup finals after a chaotic two week involvement in the tournament, FIFA president Sepp Blatter said on Friday.
- Togo dream of World Cup upset
- Togo's crazy debut World Cup campaign comes to an end today with a Group G clash with France - and coach Otto Pfister is not writing off his team's chances of creating another sensation, this time on the pitch.
June 21, 2006
- Pfister eager to end France's tournament
- Fearless Togo coach Otto Pfister said his team can bring down the curtain on a golden era for France when they meet the 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000 champions in Group G on Friday.
June 20, 2006
- Togo's long-running payment saga about to end
- The long-running saga over the outstanding wages and bonuses owed to Togo's players will be resolved in the next few days with FIFA ensuring they are paid.
June 19, 2006
- Togo to be paid
- A relieved but disappointed Togo squad will finally receive pay cheques from the national football association on the day their World Cup ended after two defeats.
- Pfister admits he's powerless to stop Togo turmoil
- Togo coach Otto Pfister insists he does not have the power to quell the mutiny in the ranks of his team who are threatening to boycott today's Group G match with Switzerland.
June 18, 2006
- Togo players threaten to boycott Swiss match
- Togo's players could boycott Monday's World Cup Group G match with Switzerland if money they have been promised has not been transferred into their bank accounts, according to defender Jean-Paul Abalo.
- FIFA try to persuade reluctant Togo to play
- FIFA intervened on Sunday to persuade Togo's players not to boycott their World Cup game with Switzerland as unrest simmers in the Togolese camp.
- Will Togo turn up for Switzerland match?
- Togo did not leave their team base Wangen on Sunday on time for a planned departure to their next World Cup group match.