More Paraguay News
June 21, 2006
- Ruiz has few regets after Paraguay exit
- Paraguay coach Anibal Ruiz said his team should not be ashamed to play their own way following their first-round elimination at the World Cup.
June 20, 2006
- Yorke mulls over retirement after T&T exit
- Dwight Yorke has revealed he may end his international career in the aftermath of Trinidad and Tobago's world cup exit in Kaiserslautern.
June 16, 2006
- Paraguay to seek fresh talent after early exit
- Veteran midfielder Roberto Acuna said Paraguay needed an injection of younger blood to rejuvenate the team after they lost their opening two matches without scoring and crashed out of the World Cup.
June 15, 2006
- Going out is deeply painful, says Paraguay coach
- World Cup elimination was hard to swallow for Paraguay coach Anibal Ruiz after his side lost 1-0 to Sweden on Thursday, their second defeat in a row in Group B.
June 12, 2006
- Paraguay keeper Villar to have decisive scan
- Paraguay goalkeeper Justo Villar will undergo a scan on his right leg to discover whether he will play any further part in the World Cup.
- Tournament over for Paraguay keeper Villar
- Paraguay goalkeeper Justo Villar's World Cup is over after a scan confirmed the extent of his leg injury.