More Spain News
June 30, 2006
- Aragones signs two-year contract extension
- Luis Aragones will continue as Spain coach until Euro 2008.
June 29, 2006
- Phil Ball: Spain leave Germany as tragic heroes?
- Phil Ball dissects the invigorating World Cup performance of a young Spanish side.
June 28, 2006
- Crestfallen Raul wants to play on for Spain
- Spain captain Raul was devastated following his team's exit from the World Cup in the second round after a 3-1 defeat to France.
- Aragones to quit despite Spanish backing
- The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) hope coach Luis Aragones will continue to lead Spain despite being knocked out of the World Cup finals 3-1 by France at the last 16 stage.
June 27, 2006
- Torres hoping to put an end to Zizou's career
- Spain striker Fernando Torres expects to win his showdown with Zinedine Zidane when his side take on France in the second round of the World Cup.
- Spain paid price for inexperience - Aragones
- Spain coach Luis Aragones pointed to inexperience in top level international competition as the key to his young side's downfall against former world champions France.
- Ref made crucial mistake, says Spain's Puyol
- Spain defender Carles Puyol said the free kick that led to France's second goal in their 3-1 World Cup win on Tuesday should have been given the other way.
June 26, 2006
- Aragones opts for Raul, Fabregas v France
- Spain captain Raul and young midfielder Cesc Fabregas will be in the team for the World Cup second round clash with France, coach Luis Aragones said on Monday.
June 25, 2006
- Phil Ball: Tough road ahead for Spanish success
- If Spain reach the World Cup final they will have done it the hard way, as Phil Ball explains.