• FT





  • FT





  • FT



    Airdrie Utd



Stark's Park, Scotland

Referee: S Finnie | Attendance: 935

* Local time based on your geographic location.

Raith Rovers

  • Greg Spence 5'
  • Allan Walker 21' PEN
  • Grant Anderson 55'
  • Dougie Hall 99'

4 - 3


Airdrie United

  • Joshua Watt 3'
  • Paul Di Giacomo 45' +4' PEN
  • Gregor Buchanan 86'

Hill peaks excitement with Raith winner

Douglas Hill grabbed the winner in extra-time as Raith came out on top of a seven-goal thriller, beating Airdrie United 4-3 in their Active Nation Scottish Cup third-round clash.

The sides could not be separated in a 2-2 draw first time round, meaning a replay was required between the Irn-Bru Scottish Football League Championship First Division rivals.

The tone for a fine encounter was set in just the third minute, when Ryan Donnelly found Josh Watt, who curled home from just inside the penalty area.

However, Airdrie hit back immediately, Greig Spence firing home and Allan Walker converting a penalty after Nathan Blockley had brought down Simon Mensing.

Yet, just before the interval, Paul Di Giacomo matched that effort from the spot following Laurence Ellis' foul on Donnelly to level matters.

Grant Anderson fired home to put Rovers back in front just after the break, only for Gregor Buchanan's header four minutes from time to ensure an extra 30 minutes.

Yet it was Raith and Hill who were to have the final say as the defender delivered a decisive header to set up a fourth-round clash with Deveronvale.

To comment, you must be a registered user. Please Sign In or Register

Scoring Summary

  • Raith Rovers
  • Airdrie United
Greg Spence (5')
Allan Walker (pen 21')
Grant Anderson (55')
Dougie Hall (99')
(3') Joshua Watt
(pen 45 + 4') Paul Di Giacomo
(86') Gregor Buchanan

Match Stats

  • Raith Rovers
  • Airdrie United
0(0) Shots (on goal) 0(0)
0 Fouls 0
0 Corner kicks 0
0 Offsides 0
0% Time of Possession 0%
2 Yellow Cards 8
0 Red Cards 0
0 Saves 0


  • Raith Rovers
  • Airdrie United
Yellow Cards
Laurie Ellis (45 + 3')
Patrick Clarke (49')