• FT





  • FT

    E Stirling




  • FT



    Annan Athlet


  • FT



    Queen's Park


  • FT






Ibrox Stadium, Scotland

Referee: G Salmond | Attendance: 46104

* Local time based on your geographic location.


  • Ian Black 50'
  • Andrew Little 63'
  • Dean Shiels 78'
  • Andrew Little 89'

4 - 0


Gers hit back in style

Ally McCoist had reason to smile against Queen's Park

Rangers bounced back from their embarrassing defeat to Dundee United in style with a 4-0 win over Queen's Park that allowed them to move 22 points clear at the summit of the Third Division.

Andy Little grabbed a double, with Ian Black and Dean Shiels also on the scoresheet, as the Light Blues returned to winning ways.

- Gow: Rangers players show they have ability

Rangers made three changes from the side who crashed out of the William Hill Scottish Cup to United last week for the visit of nearest rivals Queen's Park.

Anestis Argyriou made his first appearance since December and Chris Hegarty and Barrie McKay also started the top-of-the-table clash at Ibrox.

Ross Perry and Francisco Sandaza missed out through injury and Sebastien Faure was dropped to the bench, while skipper Lee McCulloch remained on the sidelines.

As well as the usual minute of applause on two minutes for club legend Sandy Jardine, who is battling cancer, there was also a tribute on eight minutes for troubled former Ibrox star Paul Gascoigne.

Two minutes later, Rangers showed the first signs of applying pressure on their visitors when Little surged into the box only to fire just wide.

David Templeton then turned on the edge of the area and hooked a shot narrowly over the crossbar.

The home side continued to press for the opener and Shiels forced an impressive point-blank save from goalkeeper Neil Parry.

The Northern Irishman was threatening again when he ran onto a Kyle Hutton pass only to see his low drive ripple the side-netting.

There was a tense moment at the other end when Queen's Park won a free-kick 25 yards out but Aidan Connolly's curling effort was comfortably smothered by Neil Alexander.

The woodwork prevented Rangers from taking the lead just before the break when Emilson Cribari's header crashed off the post after he rose to met Templeton's free-kick.

Parry then came to the rescue again with a superb double save to deny Shiels and Templeton as the first half ended goalless.

The goalkeeper was called into action early in the second half to block Hutton's effort, before Shiels pounced on the loose ball and dragged wide.

The pressure paid off for Rangers five minutes after the restart when McKay was released down the left flank by Lee Wallace before providing the cross for Black to volley home.

Templeton then tried his luck with an audacious strike from all of 30 yards that sailed inches past the upright.

The second goal came after 63 minutes when good build-up play was capped off by Shiels squaring to Little for a simple finish from close range.

Little attempted to return the favour with a cut-back from the right for Shiels but he lashed over from 15 yards.

Shiels finally had the net bulging with 12 minutes to go when he ran onto Wallace's cut-back from the byline to side-foot past Parry and wrap up the points.

Little then put the gloss on the win with a minute remaining when he coolly curled past Parry after Wallace was again the provider.

To comment, you must be a registered user. Please Sign In or Register

Scoring Summary

  • Rangers
  • Queen's Park

Match Stats

  • Rangers
  • Queen's Park
0(0) Shots (on goal) 0(0)
0 Fouls 0
0 Corner kicks 0
0 Offsides 0
0% Time of Possession 0%
2 Yellow Cards 3
0 Red Cards 0
0 Saves 0


  • Rangers
  • Queen's Park
Yellow Cards