• FT





  • FT






Gelora Bung Karno Stadium, Indonesia

Referee: Phung Dinh Dung | Attendance: 21000

* Local time based on your geographic location.


  • Noh Alam Shah 1'
  • Agu Casmir 16'
  • Agu Casmir 75'

3 - 1



  • Myo Min Tun 22'

Singapore 3-1 Myanmar: Heated encounter

Agu Casmir scored twice as two-time defending champions Singapore virtually sealed their place in the last four of the AFF Suzuki Cup with victory over 10-man Myanmar in a heated encounter at Jakarta's Gelora Bung Karno Stadium tonight.

Noh Alam Shah headed the Lions ahead less than a minute into the game and Casmir volleyed in a second in the 16th minute only for Myo Min Tun to cut the deficit just before the half-hour.

Singapore made heavy work of protecting their lead before Casmir slotted in his second of the game and fourth of the tournament 16 minutes from time following a quickly taken free-kick.

Myanmar were incensed by the decision and goalkeeper Aung Aung Oo was shown a red card for shoving Vietnamese referee Phung Dinh Dung in the protests that followed.

Singapore will progress to the semi-finals and Myanmar will be eliminated unless group minnows Cambodia pull off an unlikely victory against Indonesia later tonight.

Singapore made only one change from the team that trounced Cambodia 5-0 in their opening game with Alam Shah coming in for the injured Aleksandar Duric.

And the striker justified his selection by meeting Fahruddin Mustafic's cross from the left with a well-directed header that bounced off the slick surface past Aung Aung Oo into the bottom right corner after less than 60 seconds.

John Wilkinson squandered a good opening before Casmir fired Singapore into a two-goal lead in the 16th minute.

Shi Jiayi's corner from the right was headed clear but only as far as the unmarked Nigeria-born forward, who had time to pick his spot before ripping an unstoppable volley past Oo from the top of the box.

The Lions appeared to be in complete control but Myanmar took advantage of a lapse in concentration in the Singapore defence to pull a goal back in the 28th minute.

A smart back-header by Soe Myat Min near the left touchline released Myo Min Tun, who out-paced defender Baihakki Khaizan before firing past Lionel Lewis.

Singapore should have regained their two-goal cushion in the 33rd minute when Casmir laid the ball off for Wilkinson, whose fierce drive was brilliantly palmed away by Oo.

Singapore made a sloppy start to the second half, struggling to string more than two passes together, but should have extended their advantage just before the hour when Daniel Bennett's deep cross from the left was volleyed over at the far post by Ridhuan Muhammad.

The match would be settled by a controversial third for Singapore in the 74th minute when they were awarded a free-kick after Moe Win sent Shi Jiayi tumbling near the right flank.

With Shi still lying on the floor, Alam Shah sent the ball to an unattended Wilkinson, who was quickly closed down by Oo who stopped his initial shot. Wilkinson managed to regain control and centred for Casmir to slam the ball into the unguarded net.

An incensed Oo angrily charged out and shoved referee Dung, who was quickly surrounded and jostled by the entire Myanmar team.

It took several minutes for Dung to restore order with Oo receiving his marching orders.

Scoring Summary

  • Singapore
  • Myanmar
(22') Myo Min Tun

Match Stats

  • Singapore
  • Myanmar
0(0) Shots (on goal) 0(0)
0 Fouls 0
0 Corner kicks 0
0 Offsides 0
0% Time of Possession 0%
3 Yellow Cards 1
0 Red Cards 1
0 Saves 0


  • Singapore
  • Myanmar
Yellow Cards
Moe Win (79')
Red Cards
Aung Aung Oo (76')