Scottish Cup

November 3, 2012


Albion Rovers

1 - 1

Greenock Morton

Scottish Cup

15:00 +00:00, November 3, 2012

Cliftonhill Stadium, Scotland

Referee: A Crawford

Weatherson equaliser sets up replay

Albion and Morton will meet again in the William Hill Scottish Cup after Peter Weatherson's second-half goal forced a replay following a 1-1 draw.

The visitors are unbeaten since August and they made a bright start against their Second Division opponents as David O'Brien forced goalkeeper Matthew McGinley into an early save with his feet.

Archibald Campbell then fired wide while at the other end, Anthony Stevenson's curling effort was held by Morton stopper Derek Gaston.

McGinley again made use of his feet to repel Weatherson and Albion were able to head into the break in front as Stevenson struck in first-half stoppage time.

The defender kept his composure as he slammed home a rebound on the volley from 12 yards out.

But Morton fought back and Weatherson applied the finishing touch to Michael Tidser's teasing free-kick to restore parity after 58 minutes.

Scoring Summary

Albion Rovers Greenock Morton
Anthony Stevenson (45')Peter Weatherson (58')


Albion Rovers Greenock Morton
1 Matthew McGinleyDerek Gaston
Anthony StevensonKevin Rutkiewicz
3 Barry RussellMark McLaughlin
5 Micheal O'ByrneLillie Dyer
Ciaran DonnellyDavid Graham
11 Gary. Phillips11 David O'Brian
2 Alan ReidKyle Wilkie
10 Chris BoyleMichael Tidser
8 Simon MarriottScot Taggart
David CrawfordPeter Weatherson
Steven Howarth10 Archie Campbell
17 Chris McCluskeyDavid Hutton 20
15 Peter InnesJordan Halsman 15
12 Jason CrooksThomas O'Ware 14
14 Keiran BrannonTony Wallace 12
16 Ryan TiffenyLewis Hawke 16
Peter Innes for Simon Marriott (61)
Tony Wallace for Kyle Wilkie (57)
Keiran Brannon for Chris Boyle (70)
Thomas O'Ware for Mark McLaughlin (67)
Jason Crooks for Steven Howarth (75)
David Hutton for Derek Gaston (76)
Yellow Cards
Simon Marriott (15)
Alan Reid (27)
· Squads: Albion Rovers | Greenock Morton