Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has stated his support for Luis Suarez after the striker received an eight-game ban for racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra.
• Suarez banned for eight games
• Liverpool hit back over ban
Suarez was charged by the Football Association with abusing Evra and referring to his "ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race" in a disciplinary hearing last week.
Dalglish, though, has backed the Uruguay international since the incident took place on October 18, and continued to show staunch support after the verdict was handed down.
"Very disappointed with today's verdict. This is the time when [Luis Suarez] needs our full support. Let's not let him walk alone. KD," Dalglish said via Twitter.
Liverpool, meanwhile, issued a furious statement in support of their player, while Suarez himself said he was "upset" after receiving the news of his punishment, which will see him out of action until well into the New Year.
"I'm upset by the accusations of racism," Suarez tweeted. "I can only say that I have always respected and respect everybody.
"We are all the same. I go to the field with the maximum illusion of a little child who enjoys what he does, not to create conflicts.
"Today is a very difficult and painful day for both me and my family. Thanks for all the support, I'll keep working!"