ESPNsoccernet can reveal that Anton and Rio Ferdinand are refusing to talk to John Terry, and have declined his frantic attempts to speak with them.
Anton is currently at the centre of a racism row, after England captain Terry was accused of verbally abusing him during QPR's victory over Chelsea on Sunday.
Neither of the Ferdinand brothers have made public statements about the incident, but ESPNsoccernet spoke to them at length as they attended the launch of Pele's new sportswear brand in London on Wednesday.
The depth of the pair's anger towards Terry was clear, though they reiterated that they are not yet prepared to comment publicly.
During the event in central London, both Anton and Rio also spoke with PFA assistant chief executive Bobby Barnes, the second in command to Gordon Taylor at the players' union.
The PFA released a statement on Thursday reiterating its unflinching support for the campaign to stamp out racism in English football, with the players' union stressing it is deeply concerned by the two high-profile cases - Luis Suarez and Patrice Evra being the other - that have emerged in recent weeks.
The PFA said: "There is a proper process to be followed for such serious issues which is governed by the Football Association, as the game's regulator.
"We will assist and adhere to that process in any way which is considered appropriate, mindful that all the players are our members and as such we expect the process to be fair and transparent in establishing the facts in each case.''
The Ferdinands' cousin, former QPR and England striker Les, has urged the FA to "make a statement" by banning Terry if he is found guilty of making racist comments.
"If John Terry has said something he needs to come out and say it," he said. "If he hasn't, let's get it sorted and out of the way. I was asked to look at it on the internet and I've seen what's said - unfortunately, you are not privy to the whole conversation.
"The FA, FIFA and UEFA have been in positions where they have been able to stamp out a few problems which have reared their ugly heads in the last few years and they haven't done so or they haven't done it diligently enough.
"When you look at the punishments dished out, it lets you know these people don't think there is a racist problem in football. They need to make a statement. That means bans instead of fines - that's the only way it's going to work."
Meanwhile, QPR have denied reports that Paddy Kenny, Clint Hill and Shaun Derry have been called to give evidence in the racism inquiry.
All three are understood to be furious their names have been dragged into the saga, with Derry not even on the field of play when the alleged incident took place.
A QPR spokesman said "There is no truth in these stories whatsoever. None of the three players have been called to give evidence or will be called to give evidence.''
Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas, who earlier this week said the matter was at an end after a dressing-room discussion between Terry and Anton Ferdinand, dedicated Wednesday night's Carling Cup extra-time defeat of Everton to his embattled captain.
Harry Harris' new book '19: The Remarkable Story of United's League Championship Record' is available now