Auxerre boss Jean Fernandez believes his side can already claim to have had a successful season despite missing the chance to go two points clear at the top of Ligue 1 on Monday.
• Monaco 0-0 Auxerre: AJA draw a blank in principality
Fernandez's charges were held to a goalless draw at Monaco but still moved into a three-way tie at the summit alongside Bordeaux and Montpellier.
Defending champions Bordeaux remain favourites to retain the crown, however, having played two games fewer. Although his side dropped two points last night, Fernandez felt there were several reasons for the low-key encounter.
"The two teams played last week in the Coupe de France; the conditions weren't easy," he said. "Especially as the pitch was watered just before kick-off; both teams had compact defences.
"In the second half we had more opportunities and with a bit more aggression in attack we could have taken the three points. I am a little disappointed as we knew if we could have won here we would have gone top. But we don't talk too much about this.
"Our season has already been successful. We have only lost six games all season which is not easy. And we take pleasure in being in our current position.''
Monaco boss Guy Lacombe admitted his side had not been at their fluent best. He said: "We tried not to concede a goal and our game was a bit muddled. They had the better chances.''