West Ham have confirmed that they have accepted a bid, believed to be around the £14m mark from Manchester City Craig Bellamy, with the striker undergoing a medical at the club.
The Wales international flew into the north-west on Monday and met chief operating officer Paul Aldridge to thrash out the details of his move.
Bellamy has been the subject of interest from Tottenham too but Sunday saw Harry Redknapp all but give up the chase when he said "Man City are in and when they are the others have no chance. They just outbid and outpay."
Bellamy's ill-fated 18-month spell at Upton Park is over after the Wales striker was omitted from the squad that thumped Fulham 3-1 on Sunday.
The 29-year-old is determined to leave, having been told last week that he would not be allowed to leave. Hammers boss Gianfranco Zola still admires Bellamy but insists that if he is intent on going, it is in West Ham's interests to conclude any deal as quickly as possible.
"Craig is a player that I value very much but if he doesn't want to stay there's not much we can do about it.
"If he's sold I will get the money to spend on other players. We are looking at targets.
"It's important that the situation is dealt with as soon as possible. There's no deadline but I need to get on with my squad."
Redknapp also admitted he might be outflanked on Wilson Palacios by Manchester City are pole position to take both players if they want the Honduran.
"The chairman is talking to Wigan," Redknapp added. "I like Palacios. I think he is a tremendous player."