Print and go back ESPNsoccernet: Europe Soccernet Print

Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Jose says Adriano has a future at Inter

Jose Mourinho has backed Adriano to regain his place in the Inter Milan team.

There has been speculation that the Brazilian striker will be heading for the San Siro exit midway through a season which for the striker has been plagued by controversy.

The 26-year-old was left out of Inter's side for five games earlier this season after a disagreement with boss Mourinho.

Inter recently rejected reports that the player had turned up to training under the influence of alcohol.

Mourinho said: "I believe he will remain. I always said that I wanted to end the season with the same group of players that I began the campaign.

"Adriano is working well and I believe he could make an appearance in one of our first three games this year."

Adriano, who has made just seven Serie A appearances for Inter this season, has fully recovered from a muscular injury which he sustained last month.

His agent, Gilmar Rinaldi, has dismissed reports Adriano is a target for Mourinho's former club Chelsea.

Rinaldi said: "No-one at Chelsea has contacted us. If they don't make a move it's useless to speculate.

"Adriano's wish is to remain for another year and a half at Inter in order to complete his contract.

"Adriano is happy, calm and training with his team."




ESPNsoccernet: Help | Media Kit | Contact Us | Site Map | Tools | Jobs at ESPN | Supplier Information | Copyright ©2014 ESPN Internet Ventures.
Terms of Use (Updated 5/6/08), and Privacy Policy and Safety Information/Your California Privacy Rights are applicable to you. All rights reserved.