Print and go back ESPNsoccernet: Transfers Soccernet Print

Friday, January 2, 2009
Santa Cruz confirms Man City are keeping tabs

Blackburn forward Roque Santa Cruz claims Manchester City are set to bid for him but denied any official offer had been made yet.

The Paraguayan forward commented to 970 radio station that negotiations had not started but said he expected to join City in the current transfer window.

"Rumours are growing every day. It seems that the circumstances needed for me to be transferred are going in a good direction, but everything is a rumour until now,'' said the 27-year-old.

"It is forbidden to talk with the clubs directly so I do not know a lot about it. I know that they are going to make a proposal, but I do not know the terms,'' he added.

However, the former Olimpia and Bayern Munich striker, who is recovering from a muscle tear in the shin, confirmed that he would be happy to remain at Ewood Park.

"Now it is a matter of time. We will see. The important thing, at the end, is that Blackburn and I are happy. There is a long way ahead until the market closes and I am fully committed with Blackburn and I will continue working with joy here,'' he said.




ESPNsoccernet: Help | Media Kit | Contact Us | Site Map | Tools | Jobs at ESPN | Supplier Information | Copyright ©2014 ESPN Internet Ventures.
Terms of Use (Updated 5/6/08), and Privacy Policy and Safety Information/Your California Privacy Rights are applicable to you. All rights reserved.