Monday, January 14, 2008
Fred reveals Tottenham and PSG bids
Lyon striker Fred claims Tottenham are one of two clubs who have made an offer
The Brazil international looks to be on his way out of Lyon after losing his
place in the French champions' starting line-up, and as well as Spurs Fred told
French sports daily L'Equipe that Paris St Germain have also tabled a bid.
PSG appears to be the 24-year-old's favoured destination, and he believes a
decision will be reached on his future by the middle of this week.
'For the moment, I have only received two offers, from Paris and Tottenham,'
he said in L'Equipe.
'PSG made the first offer to me. I refused it. With Tottenham, it is the
'Meetings have taken place with my brother. I think that we are going to see
things materialise by Wednesday.'
He added: 'Lyon have held talks with other clubs, not me. Not yet anyway.'
Lyon released a statement today confirming that offers for Fred had come in
from other clubs, which they did not name.
But they insist the striker could yet remain at Les Gones.
'Lyon have noted the declarations made by Fred in the press this morning and
recall that the Brazil international has confirmed on several occasions his
desire to play for PSG,' read the statement.
'Moreover, Lyon confirm that the different offers received so far for a
transfer of Fred are close to one another, that they correspond overall to the
expectations of the club and that essentially they differentiate from one
another only by virtue of bonus fees involved and methods of payment.
'Lyon would like to make it clear that it is the player, of course, who will
choose his final destination and that if Fred isn't transferred, he will stay
available to coach Alain Perrin.'