Print and go back ESPNsoccernet: England Soccernet Print

Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Blackburn issue apology to Allardyce

ESPN staff

Blackburn Rovers have said sorry to their former manager Sam Allardyce for false allegations made against him by Steve Kean, his successor at Ewood Park.

Kean, who took over from Allardyce when he was sacked in December 2010, made his allegations during Rovers' pre-season tour of the Far East in the summer of 2011.

The Scot - who had been Allardyce's first-team coach - was filmed talking to fans in a bar, making his claims during the course of the conversation. Footage of the conversation was later posted on YouTube.

Allardyce began legal proceedings against both Kean and Rovers, who are now in the Championship, and an out-of-court settlement was reached last week.

In a statement posted on their official website, Rovers said: "We apologise to Mr Allardyce for the embarrassment and distress caused to him by Mr Kean."

Information from the Press Association was used in this report

• Pick your Premier League fantasy squad for the second half of the season now and challenge your friends.




ESPNsoccernet: Help | Media Kit | Contact Us | Site Map | Tools | Jobs at ESPN | Supplier Information | Copyright ©2014 ESPN Internet Ventures.
Terms of Use (Updated 5/6/08), and Privacy Policy and Safety Information/Your California Privacy Rights are applicable to you. All rights reserved.