Print and go back ESPNsoccernet: Europe Soccernet Print

Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Inter duo banned after Cagliari draw

Adam Digby, Italy Correspondent

Inter Milan coach Andrea Stramaccioni and striker Antonio Cassano have been banned after incidents during and after the bad-tempered 2-2 draw with Cagliari last weekend.

Inter were incensed when the officials failed to award them a late penalty for what they claimed was a foul on Andrea Rannocchia, although replays failed to prove that the defender had been inside the area.

Stramaccioni was sent to the stands for his protests and has been suspended for one match, a Lega Serie A statement said.

Cassano, who appeared to be acting as a peacemaker for his coach, has been given a two-game ban for launching a tirade at the match officials in the tunnel after the final whistle.

Inter have kept quiet since the incident, with only club president Massimo Moratti speaking out to bemoan what he said was unfair treatment.

Meanwhile, Juventus technical director Massimo Carrera has been handed a one-match suspension for comments he made to the fourth official during the Turin club's 0-0 draw at home to Lazio.




ESPNsoccernet: Help | Media Kit | Contact Us | Site Map | Tools | Jobs at ESPN | Supplier Information | Copyright ©2014 ESPN Internet Ventures.
Terms of Use (Updated 5/6/08), and Privacy Policy and Safety Information/Your California Privacy Rights are applicable to you. All rights reserved.