France striker Karim Benzema believes that Sami Nasri should return to the international fold after missing Les Bleus' last five games.
• M'Vila a scapegoat, says lawyer
• Gourcuff back for France
Nasri, 25, has not played for his country since Euro 2012. Having served a three-match ban for insulting journalists during the tournament, he subsequently failed to win a recall for last month's friendly with Japan and World Cup qualifier against Spain.
The Manchester City playmaker has again been omitted from Didier Deschamps' squad for the upcoming friendly against Italy, but Benzema feels that Nasri - with whom he has played at every international level from Under-17 to the senior side - would give France a boost were he to be selected again.
"We need to leave him alone, we need to trust him. I think he will bring a lot of good things to the France team," Benzema told TF1. "He already played at a very high level, he knows the Champions League. That's my opinion - we'll see what the coach will do."
Deschamps has previously stated that the international door is not closed to Nasri, though Lille's Dimitri Payet was picked in his place for the Italy match despite struggling for form so far this season.
Real Madrid star Benzema will also be absent for Wednesday's clash with the Azzurri as he continues his recovery from an adductor injury.
It was also announce on Monday that full-back Gael Clichy would withdraw from the game with a back problem.
A statement on the French Football Federation's website read: "After discussion between the doctors of Manchester City and the France national team, Didier Deschamps has accepted the withdrawal of the Manchester City defender.
"The coach has called up Bordeaux's Benoit Tremoulinas to join the group of players called up to play against Italy in Parma."
Information from the Press Association was used in this report.