Print and go back ESPNsoccernet: Europe Soccernet Print

Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Frankfurt face battle to keep Rode

Stephan Uersfeld, Germany Correspondent

Eintracht Frankfurt face a battle to tie Sebastian Rode down to a new contract, with the youngster attracting interest from around Europe.

Rode, 22, has been influential in Frankfurt's meteoric rise from the German second tier last season to second in the Bundesliga this term, grabbing the attention of the likes of Juventus and Bayern Munich in the process.

The Germany Under-21 international, who is currently ranked sixth in Kicker's ranking for the best individual performances this season, has a contract with the club until 2014.

Frankfurt are desperate to offer their player a new deal but Rode has hinted that, while he will honour his contract, his future afterwards may lie elsewhere.

The midfielder said earlier this season that he would sign a new contract, however, he recently commented "I have a contract until 2014", before refusing to offer more insight.

"It is tough, to tie a player like this to Frankfurt," said director of football Bruno Hubener. "He's got two years left on his contract and he will fulfill that contract."

One player the club are confident of tying down is right back Sebastian Jung, who will also be out of contract in 2014.

"Over the next few weeks or months something will happen. And we will announce that when the time has come," Jung said.

"We are in good talks," Hubener added.




ESPNsoccernet: Help | Media Kit | Contact Us | Site Map | Tools | Jobs at ESPN | Supplier Information | Copyright ©2014 ESPN Internet Ventures.
Terms of Use (Updated 5/6/08), and Privacy Policy and Safety Information/Your California Privacy Rights are applicable to you. All rights reserved.