Swansea City manager Michael Laudrup believes Scott Sinclair's move to Manchester City could still go through, despite the Welsh club rejecting a 6.2 million pounds bid from the Premier League champions.
The 23-year-old recently told Laudrup that he would not sign a new deal at the Liberty Stadium, and with less than a year to run on his current deal he was widely expected to leave before the transfer window closes Friday.
"I can't say, I really don't know where we are at the moment," Laudrup said. "Even if talks have broken down there is still time for everything to happen, I am not saying he will go, or he will stay."
City were understood to have made an initial bid of around 5 million pounds ($7.9 million), but Swansea sought a higher offer as Chelsea will get a percentage of any fee due to a sell-on clause inserted when Sinclair moved to south Wales in 2010.
City returned with an improved offer, but Press Association reported that it was turned down by the Swans -- who are determined to have their valuation of the player met. Laudrup would not confirm or deny that an offer had been rejected.
Laudrup wants to bring in targets Pablo Hernandez and Marvin Emnes from Valencia and Middlesbrough respectively and the Dane expects there to be plenty of activity over the next few days.
"I think it will be very busy," he said. "Everyone here will have to be working hard over the next three days to make sure we are not in a situation where a club is saying 'the fax is not working.' I tried that, where a fax wasn't working in a club and they signed a player a little too late."
Laudrup was speaking after watching his side maintain their perfect start to the season by beating Barnsley 3-1 in the second round of the Capital One Cup at the Liberty Stadium, with Luke Moore scoring two goals.