Valencia striker Roberto Soldado says he has turned down a big-money offer from Tottenham Hotspur to stay at the La Liga club.
• Valdez relishing Valencia opportunity
• Transfer Blog: On the Move
Spanish newspaper Superdeporte reported on Thursday morning that Los Che had rejected a €30 million bid from Spurs for their club captain, and the player later confirmed that an approach had been made.
"I knew about the interest from Tottenham," Soldado said. "My agents told me about it. The offer was presented, but turned down. When I signed my new contract earlier this summer I already knew very clearly, as I said then, that my intention was to see it out.
"My connection with Valencia is total. I want to play here and achieve many things with this team."
After scoring 17 goals in 32 La Liga games last season Soldado, who was surprisingly left out of Spain's Euro 2012 squad, talked in public about a potential move to Qatari-backed Paris St Germain, but in June he signed a bumper new contract to remain at the Mestalla until 2017.
Valencia open their Primera Division campaign with a difficult trip to defending champions Real Madrid on Sunday evening. Soldado, a graduate of Madrid's youth system, said he was confident he had overcome recent fitness worries and was ready to start.
"I have been working at 100% for the last two days," he said. "If nothing happens between now and Sunday, I will be fit for the game."
Soldado predicted this season's new-look Valencia, under new coach Mauricio Pellegrino and with exciting summer signings including Fernando Gago and Andres Guardado, could cause Madrid problems.
"We trust that we are ready even though we know our opponent will be very strong, even stronger than last year," he said. "But we are capable of taking them on."