Paris Saint-Germain look set to complete the signing of Argentine striker Ezequiel Lavezzi, with Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis confirming on Sunday night that an agreement has been reached for his purchase.
Lavezzi, 27, has been linked with a move away from Naples for some time, with Manchester City and Chelsea also rumoured to have been tracking his progress.
However, with Sunday's statement from De Laurentiis, it appears as though PSG have beaten off the competition to capture the Argentina international's signature.
De Laurentiis told Radio Marte: "There is talk of a €31 million price in the press, but this agreement is confidential and I can not reveal the true figures. All I can say is that the case will be concluded next week."
Roberto Mancini's agent, Giorgio De Giorgis, had previously revealed how City had held talks over Lavezzi, but the two parties could not agree terms.
De Giorgis said: "I believe that City had, for more than a year and a half, spoken with Lavezzi but did not sign him because of problems over demands."
Lavezzi, who came to prominence at Estudiantes, joined Napoli for €6 million in 2007, and quickly became an important member of the Serie A side.