Inter Milan will bide their time in the transfer market during the close season, according to sporting director Piero Ausilio.
The Nerazzurri are said to have twin priorities this summer, hoping to prise attacking midfielder Lucas Moura from Sao Paulo and striker Sebastian Giovinco from Parma.
Moura, 19, has attracted interest from a host of Europe's top clubs this summer, with European champions Chelsea and Spanish title winners Real Madrid said to be keen to secure his signature.
But despite the clamour to sign Moura, Inter won't be rushed into making any bid. "Moura? It's only June 11 and there is all the time in the world to prepare the squad well,'' Ausilio told Sky Italia.
"We want to strengthen our team and our president (Massimo Moratti) has given us guarantees in that respect. Our aim is to be competitive next season in Italy and in Europe.''
As for Giovinco, Ausilio confirmed Inter had been in touch with his club Parma, but with the 25-year-old on international duty with Italy at Euro 2012, movement on that front may not come for a while.
"We have spoken to Parma regarding Giovinco,'' Ausilio said. "He is a good player that has grown a lot in recent years. We are monitoring him and we will see in the next few days, but I cannot confirm that we are more interested in him than in other players.''
Inter's disappointing league season saw them finish sixth, meaning they missed out on Champions League qualification for next season.