Benoit Assou-Ekotto has attempted to distance himself from reports earlier on Tuesday that he could seek to leave Tottenham Hotspur at the end of the season.
• Vertonghen wants Spurs move
• Redknapp angered by Bale move talk
Assou-Ekotto, 28, signed for Spurs from Lens in 2006 and is a key part of the first-team, but he was quoted as saying he had spoken to chairman Daniel Levy about a potential transfer and was eager to move on to bigger things.
"Everything is possible," France Football reported. "When I met the chairman last January he told me that, if a club bigger than Tottenham came in for me, he wouldn't necessarily be against my departure.
"If there is a change at Tottenham - some more money is made available - I wouldn't be against the idea of staying, but otherwise I'll try to move forwards, as I did when I left Lens."
Asked if he would be looking to join a club that regularly participates in the Champions League, he said: "Yes. All players want to play in this competition. A few months ago, I said I never wanted to play in the Europa League because that competition is useless.
"I have a gentleman's agreement with the chairman. As he is a man of his word, I hope that will make things easier if a great club comes in."
But the player has now backtracked on those comments, telling the BBC: "I want to take this opportunity to clarify some comments that have appeared in the media today. I am fully committed to Tottenham Hotspur and proud to represent the club in any match, whatever the competition.
"I am very much enjoying my time here. It is a wonderful club with great support and I am looking forward to recovering from my injury in time for next season.''