Print and go back ESPNsoccernet: Transfers Soccernet Print

Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Inter had €25m bid for Lucas rejected

ESPNsoccernet staff

Inter Milan made a €25 million bid for Sao Paulo's Brazilian starlet Lucas Moura in the transfer window, according to the player's agent.

Wagner Ribeiro claims that Inter director Marco Branca met with Sao Paulo officials in January to make the offer, which was rejected by the Brazilian club.

"Branca made a €25 million offer in January. However, president Juvencio Juvenal decided not to sell him," Ribeiro told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Lucas, after [Santos forward] Neymar, is the player who has received the most offers to leave Brazil.

"At the moment, however, he does not want to think about a transfer as he is very fond of Sao Paulo."

But it would seem the deal is not dead. Last week, Lucas told Calcio Mercato that he would love to join Inter in the summer.

The 19-year-old wants to make a mark on Serie A, similar to that of compatriot Kaka, but admits he has a long way to go before he can claim to be as good as the former AC Milan star.

"My dream after the Olympics is to join Inter, but I am no Kaka," Lucas is quoted as saying. "I need to become more clinical in front of the net; sometimes I am not effective enough."




ESPNsoccernet: Help | Media Kit | Contact Us | Site Map | Tools | Jobs at ESPN | Supplier Information | Copyright ©2014 ESPN Internet Ventures.
Terms of Use (Updated 5/6/08), and Privacy Policy and Safety Information/Your California Privacy Rights are applicable to you. All rights reserved.