Transfer news

Valencia: No offers for Mata

July 28, 2011
By ESPNsoccernet staff

Valencia sporting director Braulio Vazquez has claimed the club have yet to receive any offers for reported Arsenal target Juan Mata.

Juan Mata
GettyImagesJuan Mata is aiming to help Spain lift a second major international title in as many months

• Valencia do U-turn on Mata
• Valencia chief says Mata 'not for sale'
• Valencia in talks over Mata

Speculation has been gathering pace that Arsenal have upped the ante in their alleged pursuit of Mata, with rumours suggesting an offer has been tabled for his services.

But Vazquez has cooled talk of an approach from any club, insisting Valencia remain hopeful that the 23-year-old Spain international will stay at the Mestalla.

Vazquez told Superdeporte: "I hope that he [Mata] will stay with Valencia and I think he'll do just that. We have not received any offers for him so far.

"However, we have a back-up plan in case he leaves. That's not just the case for Juan though. We have a plan like that for every player. We have to be prepared if something happens.

"Juan is very calm and doesn't get carried away. Of course, the rumours don't go unnoticed, but there is absolutely no doubt about his commitment to Valencia."