Transfer news

No offers for Zarate

July 19, 2011

Lazio president Claudio Lotito says there have not been any offers for Argentina forward Mauro Zarate despite links with Paris St Germain.

Mauro Zarate
GettyImagesZarate will wave goodbye to Lazio after three years at the Stadio Olimpico

Zarate, who was a reported target of Manchester City earlier this summer, has been strongly linked with a move to PSG in recent days.

"We have not received any offers for Zarate," Lotito told Corriere dello Sport. "If a player does get an offer and the conditions are there to free him, Lazio will not put up any obstacles. We will evaluate those offers."

Lazio signed forwards Miroslav Klose and Djibril Cisse earlier this month and coach Edy Reja now has eight forwards in his squad, and the club are now looking to offload some players before the new season.

Zarate, who contributed nine goals in 35 league appearances for Lazio last season, is under contract until June 2014.