New Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas said his team will go out to win with a certain amount of flair when he faced the media for the first time on Wednesday morning.
Villas-Boas, who spent three years at Stamford Bridge as part of Jose Mourinho's coaching staff, replaces Carlo Ancelotti at Chelsea and, like the Italian, will be expected to bring the Champions League trophy to the club.
Roberto di Matteo has also been confirmed as Villas-Boas' assistant after his No. 2 at FC Porto, Vitor Pereira, took the chance to take over the Portugese champions. Steve Holland will also act as one of Villas-Boas' right-hand men.
Di Matteo, who won five major trophies in a six-year spell as a player with Chelsea, has been in the running for several managerial jobs over the summer since being sacked by West Bromwich Albion but will make the surprising move away from frontline management despite having a successful time at the Hawthorns.
Jose Mario Rocha and Daniel Sousa are to move from Porto as physical fitness coach and chief opposition scout respectively.
There had been speculation that Ray Wilkins could be back, less than a year after being controversially replaced by Michael Emenalo. Long-serving first-team assistant coach Paul Clement is set to leave, along with fitness coach Glen Driscoll and club doctor Bryan English. Emenalo could take up a technical director role.
Villas-Boas told the press conference: "If you see the technical staff in front of me, and my appointment of Roberto, these are people who like the quality of the game and have a philosophy. It's not just a case of winning it's a case of flair.
"Everyone likes attacking football and the Premier League has a certain amount of goals in every game and it should be an entertaining game for the fans and that is what we will look to do.
"The expectations are for the maximum. We want to win trophies, that is the challenge we face day by day in any business. Everyone wants to be the best and win something and the challenge is to win as soon as possible and to build a platform for the future.
"This is nothing different from any other club, the challenge in your everyday life is to be successful in what you do and that is the challenge I face here.''
Villas-Boas rejected the chance to repeat the hyperbole of mentor Jose Mourinho as he branded himself "the group one'' rather than "the special one".
When asked what title he would like the media to give him, he replied: "The title ... I will wait for you guys to give it me when I am successful. I hope I am and you can give me a good title. This is not a one-man show, this is about creating empathy, ambition and motivation in everybody.
"Maybe I should be called the group one as I want to group people together and be successful.''
The 33-year-old also side-stepped questions about how he may look to take on established Premier League managers such as Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.
"It's not just a question of me taking on Sir Alex, it's a top club like Chelsea challenging for the title,'' he said. "We need to be up there from the beginning and it is not one man against the other, it's about trying to build something that can make us powerful, and help us threaten for the title as we have in the past.''
He also spoke of how tough a decision it was for him to leave Porto after securing four trophies in his first season in charge, and revealed that they had been prepared to match Chelsea's financial offer in an effort to keep him.
"It was a difficult separation and there are a lot of Portuguese press in this room who know the extent of my move and the impact it had. It was felt very hard in Portugal but my commitment to them was 100%. Porto is my club and always will be, I felt good there and we had a successful year.
"It was difficult but everybody in this room will have felt the need for a new challenge and I felt it. We had a crazy year of success but I felt that I could challenge myself (more at Chelsea).
"It was a lucrative move and I can assure you Porto were able to beat their offer. They were to make an offer for me to stay but I took the (Chelsea) offer, against the will of my family.''
The Blues' opening pre-season friendly against Vitesse Arnhem in the Netherlands on July 9 has been cancelled at the request of the new manager, who wants more preparation time with the squad.
Villas-Boas said there would be no players bought or sold before the squad returns for pre-season training next week.
"You know the kind of moves this club does,'' Villas-Boas said. "I won't speculate on names. All of them are interesting players: Modric, Falcao, (Fabio) Coentrao. If they can add to the squad...
"Everyone in first, then decision making. At the moment, we're stopped in time.''
Dismissing rumours linking midfielder Michael Essien with a move away, he said: "I'm more than happy with the actual squad. It's nothing new that, when a manager comes, radical changes are expected. We have plenty of time to judge the market.
"There's no fuss in the changes we might need to do or not. The guys have to feel important. They're top quality players, and I want to see them back so I can start taking decisions.
"I don't agree that the team is short of quality. I think we are up there. Minor changes can be done and we can put some input here or there in certain sectors, but my confidence in them is for them to return to me and judge from that.
"We have plenty of time up to August 31 to make a decision. These players have won a lot but still have hunger for success.
"We are able to go for the best in the market when we want, and we are able to find the best talent when we want. Everyone wants to come here. We have to bring the best quality players if we decide to bring them. There are no players imposed on me.''
Villas-Boas also insisted he would have "no problem'' working with a sporting director.
"The main thing is to build on the future and put competent people in the right places,'' Villas-Boas said. "We trust the people around this club because we've had a successful past six years that show we're on the right track.''