Juventus coach Luigi Del Neri has confirmed he will be leaving the Turin giants at the end of the season following a meeting with the board.
Del Neri only took over in 2010 after leading Sampdoria to the Champions League, but he has failed to revive Juve's fortunes. The Bianconeri languish in seventh place in Serie A, meaning they will miss out on European football next term.
"Next season, Juventus will have a new coach, the club informed me last Wednesday of this decision," Del Neri said at his press conference ahead of Juve's final game of the season against Napoli.
"I accept this choice; but I reiterate I would do it all again. Juve don't have the time to wait for change and gradual growth. As for me, when one door closes I hope another door opens."
Del Neri signed a two-year deal when he joined the club in May and said earlier this week that he would not quit despite the struggles. Juve have now been forced to act, but the 60-year-old does not regret accepting the post.
"The Juventus project initially made me so proud that I gave up the Champions League with Samp to take part in it.
"I was delighted with the arrivals of [Fabio] Quagliarella and [Alberto] Aquilani, with the maturation of [Paolo] De Ceglie, the form of [Vincenzo] Iaquinta, then the collapse in January changed the whole season. The injuries affected everything.
"The Bianconeri bench made me mature. The lads were splendid, they were easy to manage. I discovered a new atmosphere that helped me grow a lot. I do not have to prove anything to anyone and life goes on."
Speculation has already begun over who will be in charge of Juventus next season, with former Juve midfielder Antonio Conte emerging as the favourite to take over after leading Siena to promotion from Serie B.
Another target, Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini, has been quick to rule himself out.