Transfer news

Porto not worried by Hulk talk

May 5, 2011
By ESPNsoccernet staff

Porto president Pinto Da Costa has laughed off claims AC Milan could sign Hulk this summer and warned the striker will not be allowed to leave for less than €100 million.

Hulk
GettyImagesPorto are eager to hold onto Hulk this summer

Agent: Essien won't join Milan
Villas-Boas: I could be 'The S**t One'

Hulk, 24, has been a key part of Porto's success this season, with the team having already clinched the league title and seemingly certain to secure a place in the Europa League final.

A number of top clubs around Europe are said to have shown interest in Hulk and Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani recently said: "Our transfer campaign will run from May 30, but I do like Hulk a lot."

However, Milan pulled out of a deal to sign Aly Cissokho from Porto in 2009 as they claimed the France left-back had a problem with his teeth during the medical and Da Costa has rubbished suggestions they could afford Hulk.

"Hulk to Milan must be a joke," Da Costa told Record. "They previously wanted Cissokho and they could not do it. They got that story about his teeth as an excuse, when in fact Cissokho has better teeth than I do. It is ridiculous.

"We've not had any offers for any players at the moment, but whoever wants to sign them will have to meet their release clauses. Hulk's is set at €100 million and I won't let him go even if someone offered me €99 million. You either pay that figure or nothing."