Ancelotti denies quit reports
Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has joined his club in moving to quash rumours that he is considering his Stamford Bridge future, after it was reported that he consulted the League Managers' Association (LMA) on Sunday over his position.
Ancelotti has endured a difficult few weeks, having seen assistant manager Ray Wilkins sacked by the club hierarchy and his side lose three of their past four Premier League games.
Reports began to surface on Sunday that Ancelotti had tendered his resignation and that it had been rejected by the club.
But Chelsea dismissed the claims as "absolure nonsense" and Ancelotti has confirmed as much, revealing that it was in fact the LMA that contacted him.
"I don't know if it's enough to clarify my position today to close these rumours and speculation," Ancelotti said. "These rumours are totally untrue. I don't know why they came out. I didn't speak with the LMA. They called me last night when I was at home, quiet, to find out what was happening.
"These rumours are totally untrue. I have my contract until 2012, here, in this club. I've said a lot of times that I'd like to stay here. I love not just this club, but these players. I have a lot of confidence in these players, in this squad, so there's no reason to change my ideas. I don't know if this is enough to speak about all this.
"I think that when the team don't reach the right results, obviously the coach is under pressure. Obviously I am under pressure because I'd like Chelsea to win every game, but just this. I am focused on my job and to give my team, my club … to make us play better than we are at this moment. Just this."