serie a news

Inzaghi may seek January move

November 9, 2010
By ESPNsoccernet staff

AC Milan veteran Filippo Inzaghi has hinted he may seek a January exit after falling down the pecking order.

Filippo Inzaghi
GettyImagesFilippo Inzaghi is considering his options

Inzaghi, 37, is no longer guaranteed regular football at the San Siro, with Zlatan Ibrahimovic established as first-choice following his arrival from Barcelona.

Inzaghi showed he is still capable of making an impact when he hit a brace against Real Madrid in the Champions League last week, but he played no part in the 3-2 win over Bari that followed.

"I still want to be important," Inzaghi told Rete 4. "I have received two offers and I am happy that someone is still looking at me.

"I don't want to be employed only in moments of despair, but let's see in two months. I have an incredible affection for Milan but I still really want to play and I feel good."

However, Inzaghi signed a new deal in May to tie him to the club until 2011 and Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani says the player will not be allowed to move on.

"I have told Pippo that after the contract renewal there is no chance I am letting him leave," Galliani said. "He will stay with us.

"At great teams, even champions have to stay on the bench. Allegri trains with them all week and picks the players in the best shape."