Transfer news

Balotelli agent claims that City deal is still on

August 6, 2010
By Soccernet staff

A deal for Mario Balotelli to move to Manchester City is still on, according to his agent, who also added that other clubs are keen on signing the Inter Milan striker.

Mario Balotelli
GettyImagesMario Balotelli is still expected to join Manchester City

• Balotelli's £180k wage demands
• City reject Adebayor quit talk

Balotelli was reported to have asked for around £180,000-a-week in wages and negotiations had been said to have been held up as his demands were too high. However, the Italian's representative Mino Raiola dismissed the claims that the deal was on the verge of collapse.

"It's not true what has been written by the British tabloids," Raiola told Sky Italia. "I would be preoccupied for the next five years of my life if I responded to such things in the tabloids. These voices are annoying Mario and he would like to respond, but it's not the time.

"We have no problems either with City or with Inter. At the table all three parties must be happy, we have made an important step forward. Mario has never asked for anything, he doesn't live for the money, but his passion is playing football.

"There is still something to find for an agreement between us and City, but I am confident there are only details. Manchester City remains the priority for us, but we also have other offers which we will evaluate carefully. Who? I can just say they come from both Italy and abroad."