Burnley: No decision over Coyle future yet
Bolton have reportedly agreed a compensation package with Burnley manager Owen Coyle, but the clubs have decided to take 24 hours to ''digest the information'' after meeting with the Scottish boss.
Coyle met chairman Barry Kilby to discuss his future on Monday night, but no decision has been reached amid further speculation over his position at Turf Moor. Burnley released a statement on their official website.
It read: ''Senior Burnley Football Club officials have, on Monday evening, held detailed talks with first team manager Owen Coyle over his future at Turf Moor.
''As a result of these talks over Coyle's future with his current employers, both parties have decided to take a further 24 hours to digest the information shared before making any further announcement. There will be no further comment during this time from Burnley Football Club or Owen Coyle.''
Bolton dismissed Gary Megson on December 30 and there have been widespread reports that Coyle is chairman Phil Gartside's first-choice replacement.
Coyle is understood to be happy at Burnley and appeared reluctant to leave when he was linked with Celtic and Scotland last year but, having enjoyed a successful spell as a player at Bolton from 1993 to 1995, it appears he is considering an offer to take charge at the Reebok Stadium.
Megson failed to win over a section of the fans during his 24-month reign and Bolton Supporters Association spokesman David Blackburn said Coyle would an ideal appointment.
''I think he can help us turn a corner,'' he told the Bolton News. ''The fans love him, and I'd like think we have got a bit more about us than Burnley in terms of money, potential and stadium.
''He plays the right kind of football that can get people back interested in the club and back into the Reebok. The first thing he has to do is keep us up, but he's exactly the right man to do it.''