TRANSFER TALK

Real tell Van der Vaart he has no Bernabeu future

August 3, 2009
By Soccernet Staff

Rafael van der Vaart is keen on a move back to Hamburg after being told he has no future at Real Madrid.

GettyImages / JasperJuinenThe Dutchman is keen to stay at Madrid.

The Holland midfielder claims he is surplus to requirements at the Bernabeu following their extensive summer spending.

"The (Madrid) coach (Manuel Pellegrini) has told me that I will not play. It makes no sense for me to remain here,'' he said in the Bild newspaper.

The signings of Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo and the pursuit of Xabi Alonso from Liverpool are set to leave Van der Vaart well out of the first-team picture.

The 26-year-old only moved to Madrid from Hamburg last year but is now open to the possibility of a return after a difficult season in Spain. He added: "I am also open for HSV.''