Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari admits he is still waiting for the phone call to tell him Robinho is coming to Stamford Bridge.
Real Madrid are adamant the Brazil forward will be staying in Spain even though the player is understood to be keen to move to the Premier League.
The 24-year-old was training with Real this morning and cannot now sign in time to play against Tottenham on Sunday.
And Scolari admitted he has no idea whether chief executive Peter Kenyon will be able to conclude the £28million deal before the transfer window closes on Monday night.
He said: 'I don't know about Robinho because it is not my job to enter into talks about players. I said something to Peter a month ago and they tried to bring Robinho here but my job is on the pitch.
'If they can bring him here it will be down to board meetings and I have to think about Tottenham not about whether players have come or have not come.
'I don't know anything because I have not spoken to Peter for the last two days.'
Scolari has so far signed only one player - Deco - since succeeding Avram Grant in the summer but had always been keen on acquiring Robinho as well.
He said of his countryman: 'He is a very good player but it is not only me that wants him, all the coaches in the world do too.
'But at the moment what is happening on the pitch is the only important thing for me. For my players to play well against Tottenham is what matters.'