Kaka denies all knowledge of move to Chelsea

August 27, 2008
By Soccernet staff

Reports of Kaka joining Chelsea for a £80m fee look hugely exaggerated after the Brazilian committed his future to AC Milan and said he knew nothing about a move to Stamford Bridge.

Kaka's words fly in the face of English tabloid reports which stated Kaka would be joining Robinho in a double swoop by Luiz Felipe Scolari for his Brazilian counterparts. While Robinho's move from Real Madrid is set to happen, according to agent Wagner Ribeiro, the Kaka move, rumoured to be tied in with Andriy Shevchenko's return to Milan, looks dead in the water after the 26-year-old denied the rumours.

'Me going to Chelsea? I'm staying as a Rossoneri player,' Kaka told Italian sports daily La Gazzetta dello Sport.

'I should help Milan to win the trophies we're up for this season. The club have made some great signings and Sheva will fit in without any problems. If someone has promised me to Roman Abramovich, it wasn't me.

'I've always said I'm happy at Milan and as long as my aims remain the same as Milan's I'll stay here. Until now it's always been that way.

'My goal is to win, Milan's is too. As long as we are like that, I'll remain at Milan.'

Milan are targeting a league and UEFA Cup double this season and Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani also denied any deal Kaka had been mentioned during the talks with Chelsea over Shevchenko.

He told the club website: 'In the issue of Shevchenko, Kaka was never, ever talked about and so the fans have to stay calm. We've been saying the same thing for two years.'