Bianchi leaves City As Torino offer five-year deal

August 23, 2008

Torino have signed Manchester City striker Rolando Bianchi on a five-year deal, the Italian club have confirmed.

Bianchi moved to the Barclays Premier League outfit in July last year for more than £10million and scored on his debut against West Ham.

However, the 25-year-old failed to settle at Eastlands after failing to pin down a starting berth under then City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson and was sent out on loan to Lazio in January.

'Torino are pleased to announce they have permanently signed the footballer Rolando Bianchi from Manchester City,' the club said.

'The striker has signed a five-year contract.

'Tonight, a few minutes before the start of Torino versus Brescia, Rolando will greet the Granata fans together with president Urbano Cairo.

'The official presentation to the press will happen during next week.'

After a promising start at City, Bianchi only scored three goals in his next 18 games before his return to Italy.

Despite an inauspicious start at Lazio, where he was sent off on his debut following two yellow cards in five minutes, he began to impress at the capital club.

Bianchi was dismayed when Lazio failed to make his move permanent but was pleased to have finally secured his return to Serie A.

And the Italian has vowed to repay Toro's faith in him.

'I landed a few minutes ago in Italy and this time my ticket was only one-way, with the destination Turin,' Bianchi said.

'I am happy, fully aware that I find myself faced with a tough challenge but also on which is really, really fascinating.

'Only one aim: to take to great heights, together with my team-mates, Il Toro and all their splendid fans.'