New Reggina signing Bernardo Corradi has no regrets about leaving Manchester City and believes it was the right decision to return to Serie A.
The Italian striker, who had one year left in his contract with City, penned down a one-year deal with the Amaranto club on Wednesday.
'It has been a long negotiation but finally an agreement has been reached,' Corradi told the club's official website.
The 32-year-old admitted he could have stayed in Manchester for the forthcoming Premier League campaign, but opted to return to Italy's top flight to receive more first-team opportunities.
'I have started this season in England and I could have stayed there,' he said. 'It wasn't a bad experience there and we worked well but I preferred to take this decision and I believe this is the right one.
'My wish was to return to Italy and I have taken the decision to end my relationship with Manchester City in order to join a club where I will have more playing time.'
Corradi joined City in the summer of 2006 from Spanish side Valencia but despite a promising pre-season, the former Italy international failed to shine.
The Siena-born player was sent on loan to Parma earlier this year, where he scored five goals in 27 league appearances but that was not sufficient for the Ducale club to avoid relegation.
Corradi knows he faces a challenging task ahead with Reggina, who narrowly avoided the drop last season.
'It's going to be a hard campaign,' said Corradi. 'I believe the number of teams which will be battling to avoid relegation will increase.
'But I cannot wait to start this new experience with Reggina.'