Barca deny Trezeguet interest

July 31, 2008

Barcelona president Joan Laporta has rubbished reports linking his club with a bid for Juventus forward David Trezeguet.

He also revealed the Catalan club have held talks with Italian duo Inter and AC Milan over the possible transfer of Samuel Eto'o, but insisted that neither club had made a concrete offer.

Following his side's 3-1 friendly win over Fiorentina in Italy, Laporta told Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport there is no room in the Blaugrana squad for veteran French forward Trezeguet.

'Trezeguet is not a player who interests us. He's a great player, but our squad is now complete,' he said.

'The group is fine as it is, we're only waiting to see how the situation with Eto'o will develop.'

Despite reports that Eto'o has been attracting interest from the Premier League and Serie A, the only known definite interest in the player at the moment has come from Uzbek side Kuruvchi.

Two weeks ago Eto'o travelled to Uzbekistan to meet directors at the club, insisting he had many offers and would make a decision after returning to Spain.

However, as yet no decision on his future has been made, and after previously insisting the club had received no offers for Eto'o, Laporta again stressed that there was no concrete interest from Serie A.

'Barca have not received any offer from any Italian club, although we have spoken with Inter and Milan,' he revealed.