Marseille president Pape Diouf claims to be 'amused' by an appeal launched by his club's fans to raise the 28million euros needed to buy Chelsea star Didier Drogba.
New Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari claims Drogba is still '200% in his plans' but the striker is reportedly adamant that he will be heading for the Stamford Bridge exit door.
Barcelona, AC Milan and Internazionale are all said to be interested in the Ivory Coast international but Marseille fans have launched an audacious bid to bring the 30-year-old back to the club he left four years ago.
Despite suffering a setback when the initial site crashed, the new appeal reached the one million-euro mark on Sunday.
The fans behind the initiative admitted that it would be impossible to raise the money to buy Drogba, instead insisting that the point of the project was alert Diouf to the fans' wishes.
'I'm surprised and amused. It shows the true passion of our supporters,' Diouf told regional newspaper La Provence.
However, he joked that even if the fans could raise the money for the transfer, that alone would not be enough.
'I know what Drogba earns at Chelsea!' he added.
Instead Diouf's attention has been focused on adding Nice forward Bakary Kone to Marseille's attacking line.
Kone admitted last week he could not imagine playing for the south coast club again following the rejection of a bid of 8.5million euros, which included an extra million in bonuses.