Chelsea reject £7.95m Inter offer for Lampard

July 9, 2008

Chelsea will reject Inter Milan's £7.95million bid for Frank Lampard.

The club are adamant that they will not budge on the sale of the England midfielder despite Inter's first official offer for the player.

Chelsea have made it clear to Inter that they 'will not enter into any discussions' over his transfer.

Inter's official offer, made this evening, arrived hours after new coach Luiz Felipe Scolari insisted that both Lampard and AC Milan target Didier Drogba have a future with him at Chelsea.

Although Lampard's agent issued a statement saying that his client's future remains unresolved, the player himself told Scolari that he is happy to stay at Stamford Bridge for years to come.

Jose Mourinho, now coach at Inter, is desperate to land Lampard but Chelsea are equally determined to hang on to their freescoring midfielder.

Scolari was officially unveiled by Chelsea at Cobham's Hilton Hotel today and immediately told Mourinho and the rest of Europe that his top players were staying.

Chelsea had earlier announced that they had rejected an 'approach' for Lampard from Inter Milan and they will now turn down the official offer from the Italians.