PARIS, Feb 21 (Reuters) - AC Milan striker Ronaldo is due to leave hospital on Friday after the three-times World Player of the Year had knee surgery last week in Paris.
The Brazilian will attend a press conference at noon (1100 GMT) on Friday, the French hospital where he is recovering said in a statement.
Ronaldo, 31, had an operation on a ruptured left knee tendon after being injured playing for Milan in a 1-1 Serie A draw against Livorno.
He will not be able to do any sport for eight to nine months, doctors said. He should join a rehabilitation centre after leaving hospital.
Milan have yet to commit to a new contract for the player, who was making only his sixth appearance in an injury-plagued season.
Ronaldo's deal runs out in June and, with question marks hanging over his career, the European champions are not guaranteeing him a fresh contract despite saying they hope he plays for them again.