New Zealand and Australian soccer officials meeting in Wellington on Monday will make an announcement on New Zealand's A-League involvement late in the afternoon, New Zealand Soccer say.
It is understood that Football Federation Australia (FFA) operations manager Matt Carroll and chief executive Ben Buckley are scheduled to arrive in Wellington at 2pm on Monday (noon AEDT).
An NZS spokesman said the FFA officials would meet NZS representatives at 3pm (1pm AEDT) with an announcement to be made soon after the meeting.
NZS were hoping for an announcement last Friday as their Wellington sub-licensee vied with Townsville consortium Tropical Football for the eighth spot in the A-League in 2007-08.
Wellington bid head John Dow and NZS chief executive Graham Seatter said last week they were confident they had the minimum guaranteed $NZ1.2 million ($A1.05 million) to satisfy the FFA requirements.