The Football Association are to launch a second investigation into claims that Newcastle midfielder Emre used racist language.
A newspaper report today alleged the 26-year-old Turkey international, who has been charged by the FA with using racially-aggravated language during the defeat at Everton on December 30, made a comment to Bolton striker El-Hadji Diouf during a game at St James' Park in October.
An FA spokesman said: 'We will be looking into these allegations and will be contacting El-Hadji Diouf to see if he wishes to provide us with a statement.'
Newcastle, who have vowed to defend their £4million signing over the Everton incident, were not commenting on today's development.
However, the player's agent, Ahmet Bulut, insisted his client is innocent.
He said: 'This is not a true story.'
Emre was charged after the Magpies' stormy 3-0 defeat by Everton at Goodison Park.
He became embroiled in an angry row with Tim Howard, Joleon Lescott and Joseph Yobo after his side was awarded a penalty late in the first half.
Manager Glenn Roeder later visited the Toffees' dressing room in an effort to calm the situation but, amid claims he tried to cover up the incident, later strenuously denied Emre's comments, although unpleasant, had been racist.
The latest controversy surrounds Bolton's 2-1 Barclays Premiership victory at St James' Park on October 15 in which Diouf scored both his side's goals as the visitors fought back to win.
Former Inter Milan star Emre has not played for the club since the 2-2 draw with Manchester United on New Year's Day as he recovers from a calf problem.
Bulut has claimed he is devastated by accusations stemming from the Everton game and in interviews in his native country, the player has repeatedly protested his innocence.